05 Oct Fresh Green Bean Salad
Posted at 10:43h in Phase One Recipes, Phase Two Recipes 0 Comments
Fresh Green Bean Salad
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed if desired
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (Phase 3); or 1/2 large Roma tomato sliced
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2-3 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons white wine or plum vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 oz. feta cheese, non-fat or low-fat (Phase 2)
- 2 oz. sirloin steak, slicedDirections:
- Boil green beans with some salt then drain. Let sit in cold, ice water. Drain the beans and pat them dry. Toss them in a bowl with the tomatoes.
- For the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the green beans and toss to coat. Cover the bowl and chill for at least an hour or up to 3 hours before ready to serve.
- Stir in the feta cheese and sirloin steak right before serving. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.