02 Aug Apple Cider Chicken
Makes 4-5 servings (protein, fruit)
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 8, depending on size)
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. stevia or 1 dropper liquid stevia clear (SweetLeaf)
- 2 tsp Dijon or stoneground mustard
- If fruit is allowed: 3 medium firm gala apples, cored/ cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, plus additional for serving
- Heat olive oil spray in a large non-stick skillet over medium high.
- Sprinkle the top of the chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Once the pan is hot and shimmering, add the chicken to the pan, top-side down.
- Let cook 4 minutes, then flip and continue cooking until the meat is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees, 3 to 4 additional minutes. Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, stir together the apple cider vinegar, stevia, and mustard. With a paper towel, carefully wipe the skillet clean.
- Spray more olive oil spray on pan over medium high. Once the pan is hot, add the apple slices, remaining 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and rosemary.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until the apples are lightly tender and begin to turn golden.
- Return the chicken to the pan and pour the cider mixture over the top. Let cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half. Serve warm, sprinkled with additional chopped rosemary as desired.