15 Aug Asian Grilled Eggplant
Makes 4 servings | 1 serving = 1/2 eggplant
- 2 Japanese eggplants, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tsp olive oil plus more for brushing eggplant
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 scallion, minced (reserve a little for garnish)
- Dash of hot pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp MCT oil
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Brush a little olive oil on both sides of eggplant pieces. Grill until soft and cooked through.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a small saucepan. Add garlic, scallion and red pepper flakes, and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Turn off heat and add Bragg’s liquid aminos, rice vinegar, and MCT oil. Stir well and serve over grilled eggplant.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and minced scallions.