06 Jul Asian Grilled Eggplant
Asian Grilled Eggplant
- 2 Japanese eggplants, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil plus more for brushing eggplant
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 scallion, minced (reserve a little for garnish)
- dash of hot pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon MCT oil
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Brush a little olive oil on both sides of eggplant pieces. Grill until soft and cooked through.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a small saucepan. Add garlic, scallion and red pepper flakes, and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Turn off heat and add Bragg’s liquid aminos, rice vinegar, and MCT oil. Stir well and serve over grilled eggplant.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and minced scallions.
-Makes 4 servings (1 serving= 1/2 eggplant)