13 Aug Asian Zucchini Noodle Stir-Fry with Shrimp
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 zucchini, large (made into zucchini noddles)
- 1.5 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp stevia clear (liquid)
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Frank’s red hot sauce
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced (yellow or green)
- 2/3 cup red onion
- PHASE 2: 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- PHASE 2: 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- PHASE 2: 2 tbsp powdered peanut butter
- PHASE 3: ½ cup shredded carrots 2/3 cup snap peas
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable broth, hot sauce, Bragg’s liquid aminos, stevia, white vinegar powdered peanut butter (PHASE 2) and sesame oil (PHASE 2).
- Set the mixture aside.
- Place a large sauté pan or wok over medium-low heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan and heat for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring as needed, until the shrimp are cooked throughout and pink on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with pepper and set aside in a bowl for later.
- Increase the heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 tbsp. of olive oil to the pan, then add the bell pepper, carrots (PHASE 3), red onions and snap peas (PHASE 3) and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes until the vegetables are crisp but tender.
- Add the prepared sauce from step 1 and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Return the shrimp to the pan, stirring to combine, then add the zucchini noodles and cook, tossing to coat, for 1 minute.