08 Aug Bacon and Zucchini Eggs in a Nest
Posted at 20:27h in Phase Two Recipes 0 Comments
- 4 cups zucchini noodles or shreds
- 4 slices raw bacon, Canadian or turkey (low sodium)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut your bacon slices in half, then cut them lengthwise into ¼ inch thick strips – like bacon noodles.
- In a heavy saute pan, cook the bacon for about 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and flatten slightly, creating four depressions for the eggs.
- Sprinkle with the Asiago cheese.
- Break one egg into each dent.
- Cook on medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, then cover and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking and the bottom is crispy. Serve hot.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.