07 Aug Baked Spinach and Eggs
Posted at 15:26h in Breakfast, Phase One Recipes 0 Comments
- 6 cups firmly packed baby spinach or 1 (10 oz or up to 1 lb) bag fresh baby spinach* or frozen spinach
- 1 whole egg + 2-3 whites
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Nonstick oil spray
- PHASE 2: 1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray individual ramekins or other small oven safe dishes that can accommodate 1-2 eggs. Set aside.
- Place the spinach in a deep skillet or a large frying pan. Add a little water (2-3 tablespoons). Using medium heat, cook the spinach just until wilted, roughly 3-4 minutes. Use either your hand or a spatula to pack in the spinach. Drain the excess water well especially if you are using frozen spinach.
- Distribute the spinach evenly among the prepared ramekins or oven-safe dishes.
- Crack 1-2 eggs on top of the spinach. Season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- PHASE 2: Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese on top. OPTIONAL
- Place the baking dishes or ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for about 15-18 minutes or until the eggs are set/cooked (whites are set and yolks look firm on the edges) to your liking.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.