02 Aug Baked Zucchini Chips
- 1 (large) zucchini, cut into 1/8″ – 1/4″ slices
- 1/3 cup flaxseed, ground (or Panko)
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, reduced fat
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine in a small mixing bowl, ground flax, parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Dip zucchini slices into nut milk and dredge into ground flax or breadcrumb mix to coat both sides. Note: It may be necessary to press crumbs onto zucchini slices to ensure the crumbs stick.
- Arrange zucchini on a non-stick cookie sheet and lightly mist with a non-stick cooking spray.
- If using a rack, place rack on a cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes, turn over and continue baking until golden, approximately 10-15 minutes (being careful not to burn). Allow to cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.
NOTE: Zucchini Chips will continue to get crispier while cooling.