09 Aug BBQ Salmon Bowl
Posted at 18:31h in Phase Three Recipes, Phase Two Recipes 0 Comments
- 2 salmon fillets or 10-12 oz of Salmon
- 1/3 cup Simple Girl BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 dropper liquid stevia, clear
- 2 cup water or low sodium broth
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 zucchini (spiralized)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- ¼ c pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 avocado
- PHASE 3: 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, Mix BBQ sauce and remaining ingredients/spices.
- Spread 2 tbsp on each 4-6 ounce fillet or ¼ cup on over 10-12 oz of salmon
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Broil 1-2 minutes until BBQ sauce browns on edge of salmon.
- Cut or break up salmon with fork.
- Cook quinoa (on stove or make cauliflower rice) with 2 cup broth or water and oil mixed in. Cook until fluffy. Set aside.
- Julienne slice or spiralize your zucchini. Press extra napkin or towel on zucchini to remove excess water.
MEAL PREP (Makes about 3-4 servings: 1 veggie, 1 protein, 1 carb, 2 fats)
- 1/3 c Quinoa cooked (Phase 3) OR CAULIFLOWER RICE FOR PHASE 2
- 3 ounces salmon
- 3 -4 Avocado slices
- 1 cup zoodles
- Add red pepper, extra BBQ sauce on top; hand full of Cilantro, squeeze of lemon, 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds for each bowl
Storing zucchini: Spiralize zucchini before or slice if making night before, add dash of lemon to zucchini to stay fresh. Adapted from cottercrunch.com.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.