13 Feb BBQ Salmon Bowls
BBQ SALMON BOWLS:
- 2 Salmon fillets or 10-12 oz of Salmon
- 1/3 cup Simple Girl BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 dropper liquid stevia, clear*Bowl Ingredients*
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (PHASE 3 OPTION!)
- 2 c water or low sodium broth
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 zucchini (spiralized)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- ¼ c pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 1 Avocado
For the baked salmon
- Preheat oven 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, Mix BBQ sauce and remaining ingredients/spices.
- Spread 2 tbsp on each 4-6 ounce fillet or ¼ cup on over 10-12 oz of salmon
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Broil 1-2 minutes until BBQ sauce browns on edge of salmon.
- Cut or break up salmon with fork.For the bowl prep
- Cook quinoa (on stove or make cauliflower rice) with 2 cup broth or water and oil mixed in. Cook until fluffy. Set aside.
- Julienne slice or spiralize your zucchini. Press extra napkin or towel on zucchini to remove excess water.
Next prepare Each Bowl/Meal prep
- 1/3 c Quinoa cooked (Phase 3) OR CAULIFLOWER RICE FOR PHASE 2
- 3 ounces salmon
- 3 -4 Avocado slices
- 1 cup zoodles
- Add red pepper, extra BBQ sauce on top; hand full of Cilantro, squeeze of lemon, 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds for each bowl
-Makes about 3-4 bowls for meal prep (1 veg; 1 protein; 1 carb; 2 fats)
*Storing Zucchini * Spiralize zucchini before or slice if making night before, add dash of lemon to zucchini to stay fresh.
-Adapted from cottercrunch.com PHOTO CRED