07 Aug Bell Pepper Egg Boats
Makes 6 servings (veggie/protein)
- 3 bell peppers, green and yellow
- 3 egg whites + 3 whole eggs, mixed
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Spinach, chopped, to taste
- Baby bella mushrooms, sliced, to taste
- Diced Roma tomato, to taste
- Basil, chopped, to taste
- Salsa, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, to taste (PHASE 2)
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F/190˚C. Mix the egg whites and eggs together.
2. Cut the peppers in half through the stem. Leave the stem attached, but remove the seeds and membrane. Place onto a parchment-lined baking tray.
3. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Add the egg mixture into each pepper half. Season with salt and pepper, if you want.
5. Add spinach,mushrooms and Parmesan to 2 of the pepper halves. (phase 2)
6. Add salsa to 2 of the pepper halves.
7. Add tomato, and basil to the 2 remaining pepper halves.
8. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the egg whites have set or until your eggs are cooked to your preference.