02 Aug Best Cauliflower Crust
Posted at 16:27h in Phase Two Recipes 0 Comments
- 1 head (small) cauliflower (or save time by buying riced cauliflower)
- ¼ cups Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cups mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon flax meal (optional)
- 1 whole egg
- Place a pizza stone in the oven, or baking sheet if you don’t have a pizza stone. Preheat oven to 450ºF. On a cutting board, place a large piece of parchment paper and spray it with nonstick cooking oil.
- Wash and thoroughly dry a small head of cauliflower (or save time and buy riced cauliflower)
- Cut off the florets—you don’t need much stem, just stick with the florets. Pulse in your food processor for about 30 seconds, until you get powdery snow like cauliflower. You should end up with 2 to 3 cups cauliflower “snow”.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cover. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Dump cooked cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and allow to cool for a bit before attempting the next step.
- Whether you got the riced cauliflower or not: once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, wrap it up in the dish towel and wring the heck out of it. You want to squeeze out as much water as possible. This will ensure you get a chewy pizza like crust instead of a crumbly mess.
- Dumped squeezed cauliflower into a bowl. Now add Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt, dried basil (crush up the leaves even more between your fingers before adding), dried oregano (crush up the leaves even more between your fingers before adding), garlic powder (not garlic salt), and a dash of red pepper if you want. Add flax for added healthy fat.
- Add the egg and mix away. Hands tend to work best.
- Once mixed together, use your hands to form the dough into a crust on your oiled parchment paper. Pat it down thoroughly, you want it nice and tightly formed together. Don’t make it too thick or thin either.
- Using a cutting board, slide the parchment paper onto your hot pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 8-11 minutes, until it starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Add desired toppings! Slide parchment with topped pizza back in the hot oven and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and slightly golden.
- Allow it to cool for a minute or two. Probably closer to two. Then using a pizza cutter and a spatula, serve up your delicious grain-free cauliflower crust pizza!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.