06 Aug Blueberry Protein Muffins
- 1 cup steel cut oats (PHASE 3)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 xylitol or monk fruit powder
- 2 tbsp Vitafiber syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Baking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a muffin tin with liners and lightly spray with oil.
- Place oats in a food processor or chopper and pulse a few times. Soak oats in almond milk for about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine stevia, vitafiber syrup, apple sauce, vanilla, egg whites, oil and mix well.
- In a third bowl combine protein powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda and whisk to combine.
- Combine oats and almond milk with monkfruit/xylitol, applesauce mixture and mix well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 22-24 minutes. Enjoy!!