13 Aug Broccoli and Cauliflower Chicken Rice Casserole
Posted at 18:27h in Phase Two Recipes 0 Comments
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bag cauliflower rice (Trader Joe’s or Archer Farms)
- 8 oz bag frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 bag broccoli rice (Trader Joe’s)
- 1.5 tsp coarse sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp grass-fed, melted
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Italian 5 cheese (provolone and Parm), shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally, lightly coat in olive oil and place on baking sheet. Liberally season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, add riced cauliflower to a large bowl. Add frozen broccoli cuts, chopping some of the larger pieces in half. Then add the bag of fresh broccoli rice.
- Remove chicken from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooling, add sea salt, melted butter, onion powder, garlic powder, shredded mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of the shredded Italian five cheese blend to the large bowl.
- Mix everything together.
- Carefully cut baked chicken into cubes. Toss with broccoli/cauliflower mixture and transfer to 9 x 13 inch (3 quart) baking dish or larger.
- Top with ½ cup shredded Italian mix cheese.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with some diced chives, a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, and enjoy!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.