22 Sep Broccoli Tater Tots
Broccoli Tater Tots:
-2 c. broccoli
-1 egg, beaten + 3 egg whites (1/2 cup)
-1 small shallot, minced
-1/3 cup low-fat Parmesan cheese
-1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
-salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF, and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Steam your broccoli florets for 2 minutes, and chop well into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped broccoli with the rest of your ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop a large spoonful of the mixture in your hands, and shape it so it resembles a tater tot. Place on your baking sheet, and repeat until all mixture has been used.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes, and enjoy! Best if eaten when warm.-Makes 1 serving: 1 dairy; 1 vegetable
-Photo Cred: popsugar.com