13 Aug Cajun Onion Rings
- 1 large sweet onion (sliced into rings)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. flaxseed, ground
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you want them hotter)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Mix the almond flour and all spices in another bowl.
- Pour a little bit of the almond flour mixture into a third bowl. Dip an onion ring in the egg. Shake off the excess, then press into the almond flour mixture, coating all sides. Place on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with all the onion rings, adding more almost flour mixture from the main bowl as you run out (don’t use the main bowl for dipping because the mixture will get soggy before you’re done using it).
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip over, then bake for another 8-10 minutes, until the onion rings are browned and crispy on both sides.