02 Aug Caramelized Curry Carrots and Brussels
1/2 cup= 1 serving; 1 veggie
- 1 lb. carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, raw
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. curry powder or turmeric
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat a medium cast iron (or nonstick) skillet over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Place carrots, Brussels sprouts, sea salt, and pepper in skillet in a single layer; cook, turning occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until carrots are caramelized.
3. Add curry powder; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until carrots are tender-crisp. Remove from heat.
4. Top with cilantro; serve immediately.