14 Aug Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1/2 cup hot cooking water
- 1/2 chicken bullion cube or 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup low-fat Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Nutmeg, to taste (optional)
- Remove the green leaves from the cauliflower head and chop it into reasonably large but manageable pieces. Place it in the big sauce pan with water, bring to boil and boil for 30-40 minutes until cauliflower is really soft. Remove from heat and drain cauliflower from water. You should have about 3 and 1/2 cups of cooked and sliced cauliflower pieces. Do reserve some cooking water.
- Dissolve 1/2 of a chicken bouillon cube in 1/2 cup of very hot reserved cooking water.
- In a food processor, combine drained cooked cauliflower (from step 1) and 1/2 cup of hot reserved cooking water you just made (from step 2) with 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and process really well, until a very creamy sauce forms:
- Transfer sauce into a large sauce pan and keep it warm on the stove top. Season with salt and pepper, and nutmeg (optional), to taste.