31 Jul Cauliflower and Meat Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Posted at 16:42h in Phase One Recipes, Phase Two Recipes 0 Comments
- 1.25 pounds ground beef or turkey (>97% lean)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups cauliflower rice (raw)
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium taco seasoning (sugar-free; no starch)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- PHASE 2 OPTION: 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Mexican cheese
- 4 large poblano peppers (or bell peppers if unavailable)
- optional toppings: salsa, PHASE 2: avocado, cilantro, fresh tomatoes, hot sauce
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, saute garlic, onion and ground beef or turkey for 5 minutes. Add cauliflower rice, mushrooms, kale and seasonings and cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Cut the tops off the poblano or bell peppers and slice in half lengthwise.
- In a 9×9 pan or glass baking dish, lay 4 pepper halves (two peppers) in the bottom of the pan. They won’t cover the entire bottom but should cover most of the surface area.
- Top with half the meat mixture.
- PHASE 2: If you are adding cheese, layer half on then repeat the layers again with the meat mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Top as desired.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.