09 Aug Cauliflower Fried Rice
Posted at 20:59h in Phase One Recipes 0 Comments
Makes 3-4 servings | 1 serving = 1 cup | 1 veggie, 1/2 fat
- 1 tsp. coconut or olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 2 bags Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower or Green Giant
- 1 teaspoon shallots, leeks or onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- More sea salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large saute pan on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Use nonstick oil spray then add in 1 tsp of olive or coconut oil.
Add diced onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic cloves and cook for another 30 seconds- until fragrant. Do not let it brown too much, but slightly.
Add in the bags of riced cauliflower. Carefully break down the cauliflower with a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook the rice until it looks soft and tender. This can take anywhere between 5-7 minutes.
Add in the spices until well combined. Stir in coconut or Bragg’s liquid aminos, apple cider vinegar, and other seasonings of choice. Cook on medium-high heat until the cauliflower rice reaches your desired doneness (this took me another 7-10 minutes!)
Serve with fish, lobster, crab or meat of your choice. Also good with sunny side up eggs for breakfast!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.