14 Aug Cauliflower “Potato-Less” Salad
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tbsp almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat or low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, minus 2 yolks, all diced
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Bring about 2-3 inches of water to a boil in a large pot and place a steam basket with the cauliflower florets over it. The steam from the water will cook the cauliflower in about 5-7 minutes. Cook until fork-tender.
- You can also steam the cauliflower in the microwave by placing the florets in a large, microwave-safe bowl and adding enough water to just cover the bottom of the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and poke some holes in the top. Microwave for 3-4 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Transfer about ½ cup of the cauliflower to a high-speed blender or food processor with 2-3 tablespoons of milk. You just need enough milk to loosen the cauliflower up. Blend into a thick puree, then set aside.
- Transfer the remainder of the hot cauliflower to a colander and run cold water over it to halt the cooking. Set aside to let the water drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds, salt, and pepper.
- Gently fold in the cooled and drained cauliflower florets, eggs, celery, and green onions.
- Next, fold in the pureed cauliflower, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving, so the salad gets cold and the flavors meld.