02 Aug Cauliflower-Stuffed Bell Pepper
Posted at 17:58h in Phase One Recipes, Phase Two Recipes 0 Comments
- 4 medium green, or yellow bell peppers 1/2 inch trimmed off tops, stemmed, seeded
- 1/2 cup steamed cauliflower rice
- Olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 12 oz 97% lean ground beef or 99% lean ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained, with 1/4 cup juice reserved
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato paste (no sugar added)
- PHASE 2 option: 1 tbsp. white cheese
GARLIC-LIME GREEN BEANS
- 1 lb (4-5 cups) green beans, fresh
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 small lime, juiced (about 1-2 tbsp)
In a large sauce pan, bring 4-quarts of water to a boil. Add bell peppers and cook until peppers just begin to soften, about 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove bell peppers and place on a plate lined with a kitchen towel or paper towels.
Return water to a boil and add cauliflower rice, cooking until tender, about 13 minutes. Drain the rice in a colander, and empty into a large bowl and set aside.
Adjust oven rack to the middle position, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Over medium high heat, spray with olive oil in a large skillet.Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef or turkey, breaking into small pieces, and cook until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
Stir in garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Transfer beef, onion, and garlic mixture to large bowl with cauliflower rice.Stir in tomatoes, (PHASE 2: Add cheese) cilantro, chili pepper, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
In a small, 9-inch square baking dish lined with aluminum foil for easier clean up, place peppers cut side up.
Divide filling evenly among peppers (about ½ to 2/3 cup per pepper). Add 1-2 tbsp of tomato paste over each filled pepper and (PHASE 2: sprinkle each with 1-2 tbsp of cheese).Bake until cheese is browned and filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes.
GARLIC-LIME GREEN BEANS
- While peppers are baking, heat olive oil spray in a medium sized skillet.
- Add green beans, garlic, lime juice, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring on occasion, until green beans are softened and garlic is browned, about 10-15 minutes.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.