07 Aug Cauliflower Tortillas
- 3/4 head cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1/2 lime (add the zest too if you want more of a lime flavor)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the cauliflower, cut it into small, uniform pieces, and pulse in a food processor in batches until you get a couscous-like consistency. The finely riced cauliflower should make about 2 cups packed.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, then stir and microwave again for another 2 minutes. Place the cauliflower in a fine cheesecloth or thin dishtowel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible, being careful not to burn yourself. Dishwashing gloves are suggested as it is very hot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add in cauliflower, cilantro, lime, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Use your hands to shape 6 small “tortillas” on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, carefully flip each tortilla, and return to the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until completely set. Place tortillas on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium. Place a baked tortilla in the pan, pressing down slightly, and brown for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- You can munch these by themselves, make quesadillas with them, or add some taco filling and fold it like a taco.
- Nutritional Information per serving (using 1/8th teaspoon salt and pepper) –Serving size: 1 tortilla- Calories: 42.9, Fat: 1.8g, Saturated Fat: .6g, Sugar: .1g, Sodium: 95.7mg, Fiber: 1.8g, Protein: 3.6g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Carbohydrates: 4.2g