27 Sep Cauliflower Wraps
Makes 1 serving | Calories: 184 | 19g protein, 5g fat, 16g carbs
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large eggs + 2 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3/4 tsp. dried herbs (basil, oregano, thyme combo)
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower florets until they form a crumb-like texture.
- Place the crumbles and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Cook on medium high heat for 8 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the cauliflower in a sieve, then transfer to a clean kitchen towel. Firmly squeeze any excess water from the cauliflower.
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix together (or blend) the cauliflower, the eggs, garlic and dried herbs.
- Use a spoon to make 2 small circles with the batter. Make sure there are no bumps or bubbles in the batter, but they remain thin.
- With a spatula, press down the batter so it forms a thin, flat layer.
- Bake for about 17 minutes until dry (but not burnt or too wet).
- Gently remove to a wire rack to cool so the bottom does not become soggy.
- Eat within a few hours after cooling.
Add ingredients such as protein (meat or fish) with veggies and homemade sauce/dressing/salsa!