20 Apr Cauliflower Wraps
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large eggs + 2 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3/4 tsp. dried herbs (basil, oregano, thyme combo)
1.) Preheat the oven to 375 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2.) In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower florets until they form a crumb-like texture.
3.) Place the crumbles and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Cook on medium high heat for 8 minutes, until tender.
4.) Drain the cauliflower in a sieve, then transfer to a clean kitchen towel. Firmly squeeze any excess water from the cauliflower.
5.) In a bowl, thoroughly mix together (or blend) the cauliflower, the eggs, garlic and dried herbs.
6.) Use a spoon to make 2 small circles with the batter. Make sure there are no bumps or bubbles in the batter, but they remain thin.
7.) With a spatula, press down the batter so it forms a thin, flat layer.
- 8.) Bake for about 17 minutes until dry (but not burnt or too wet).
- 9.) Gently remove to a wire rack to cool so the bottom does not become soggy. Eat within a few hours after cooling.
- -Add ingredients such as PROTEIN (meat or fish) with veggies and homemade sauce/dressing/salsa!
1 serving= entire recipe!
Protein: 19 g.
Fat: 5 g.
Carbs: 16 g.
Sugar: 7 g.