02 Aug Cheesy Cauliflower Bread
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces (or 3 cups cauliflower rice)
- Parchment paper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (PHASE 2) OR add 1 whole egg in place of cheese
- ¼ tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp . ground black pepper
- 4 green onions , thinly sliced, reserve a small amount of the greens for garnish
Preheat oven to 450º F.
Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
Place half of cauliflower in food processor; pulse until cauliflower is chopped into pieces about the size of rice. Repeat with the other half. Place in microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave cauliflower on high for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cooked.
Place cauliflower on cheesecloth, in small batches; squeeze dry. (If you do not have cheesecloth, use a heavy duty paper towel.) Do not skip this step, as cauliflower needs to be dry to make toast.
Combine cauliflower, egg, cheese, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; mix well.
Place cauliflower mixture onto baking sheet in four even portions. Form into squares.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from baking sheet.