09 Jun Chicken Asparagus Roll
Chicken Asparagus Wraps:
Chicken Asparagus Roll
- 1 tablespoon Prolean mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- zest and juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed and flattened
- 2 thin slices of part skim mozzarella or provolone
- 8 asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup ground flax (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking dish with foil. Set aside for later.
- Stir to combine the mustard, seasoning, zest, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- To flatten your chicken simply place in a large Ziploc bag and pound with the bottom of a large pan.
- Layer the cheese on top of the asparagus. Roll the flattened chicken breast tightly and place on your prepared baking dish.
- Brush a generous amount of the prepared zest and spice mixture onto your chicken. You may sprinkle flax on top if you wish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until you chicken is fully cooked.
-Makes 2 servings (1= 1 protein; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat)