11 Nov Chicken Doodle Soup
Chicken “Doodle” Soup:
- 1 T. coconut or MCT oil
- 1 pound (453 grams) boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- ¾ cup (approx. 6) chopped green onion, green part only
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan Salt
- ⅛ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups (300 grams) spiralized daikon noodles* see note
*Daikon Noodles: You can find daikon in your local grocery store. (Health food stores, Superstore, and Walmart). Best if made into noodles with a spiralizer, but a vegetable peeler will work as well.
- To make on a stove top:
- Add coconut oil and chicken to a large saucepan.
- Cook on medium for 15 minutes, until chicken is just about cooked through. Shred with a fork.
- Add celery, carrots and onions. Cook for another 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Once complete, add daikon noodles and serve.