15 Aug Chicken Fajita Breakfast Casserole
Posted at 17:45h in Breakfast, Phase One Recipes 0 Comments
Makes 4 servings | 1 veggie, 1 protein
- 10 ounces chicken breast; shredded or diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium red onion, finely diced
- ½ jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ⅕ tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 1 cup egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Non-stick spray
- Simple Girl Hot Sauce (or Frank’s Red Hot)
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF. Then, spray a casserole dish with non-stick, zero calorie cooking spray and set aside.
- Thoroughly grill or cook chicken breast and either shred or dice into small pieces.
- Prep veggies: Dice 1 green pepper into bite sized pieces. Finely dice a red onion and a jalapeño pepper. Then, place all veggies into a medium-size bowl. Sprinkle on fajita seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Assemble your casserole by placing the shredded chicken on the bottom. You may need to slice them depending on the size and shape of your dish. Then, pour in the veggie mixture.
- Pour 1 cup of egg whites on top and then crack 3 whole eggs over the whole dish.
- Place casserole dish in the oven and bake at 375ºF for about 45 minutes or until the eggs have cooked all the way through.
- Phase 2: Add 1 tsp. olive oil for cooking spray and add avocado on top.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.