07 Aug Chicken Souvlaki
Posted at 20:40h in Phase One Recipes 0 Comments
- 1.5 lbs chicken (24 oz or 8 chicken breast)
- 3 tbsp oregano (fresh leaves, or 1.5 tbsp dried, or mix half and half)
- 1 tbsp garlic (about 45 garlic cloves, fresh minced)
- 1/4 cup lemon (juice, about 1 large lemon’s juice)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp parsley (fresh leaves, chopped)
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (freshly cracked)
- Oil spray
1. In a wide bowl (with a lid) or in sealable bag, spray nonstick oil inside then add all ingredients except chicken in the ingredient list above. Mix well and set aside.
2. Slice chicken breast into small 12 inch pieces. Add to the marinade and coat into the
marinade. Cover with lid (or close the bag), refrigerate until ready to use. Marinating for 20-30 minutes will tenderize the meat and make it very flavorful. You can marinate it overnight as well.
3. For grilling, preheat grill. Skewer pieces of marinated chicken souvlaki into the skewers. Grill on preheated grill until chicken is fully cooked from all sides. Use aluminum foil if need be.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.