06 Aug Chickpea Peanut Butter Bars
1 bar = 1 serving (protein/carbs)
- 1/2 cup flaxseed, ground
- 1 can chickpeas (drain and rinse but reserve the liquid)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, all-natural (homemade)
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Maple Syrup or Vitafiber Syrup or make homemade syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or stevia vanilla dropper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp liquid from chickpea can
- Add chickpeas and flax in a food processor and pulse several times.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until well mixed and a ball starts to form.
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough into the middle of the pan. It will be pretty sticky.
- Get your fingers wet and then work quickly to spread the dough to the corners of the pan. You may need to re-wet them a couple of times. Leave about an inch open on one side of the pan.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool then cut into 10 bars.