06 Aug Cinnamon Stevia Doughnuts
- 1 cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (102g)
- ¼ cup coconut or almond flour (32g)
- 1 tsp. baking powder (4g)
- ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce (148g)- for fat free option or 1/4 avocado
- dash nutmeg
- dash cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil, melted (2g or 2.5ml)
- 2 tablespoons stevia, granulated (24g)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (1g)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Combine the donut ingredients (not including the coating), and mix well.
- Spoon into a ziplock bag, and cut off the corner to pipe these into your silicone donut pan (see this video for the method: youtu.be/1ura1GcHgjM). Or you can just spoon the batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, and check to see if they are firm. If not, check every 1-2 minutes. Do not overbake! Whey cake can be very dry if it is overbaked.
- Remove from oven, and let cool. Then remove from pan.
- Mix stevia and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Brush each donut with melted coconut oil (to make the coating stick), and dip into the coating.
- Enjoy! Donuts can stay out for the day, but refrigerate for longer storage.