07 Dec Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup
CREAMY BROCCOLI SPINACH SOUP:
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 cups broccoli, stems removed roughly chopped
- 2½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded (Phase 2)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt, plain non-fat (phase 2)
- Chives for garnish, if desired
- Spray a pot with olive oil to simmer onions in.
- Add in onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Toss in broccoli and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Take off of the heat and stir in spinach, Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Cool soup slightly.
- Add soup in two batches to a blender. (If you have an immersion blender you can do this in the pot). Pulse until thick and smooth. About 1-2 minutes each batch.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt to each batch (2 tablespoons total) and pulse to combine.
- Pour soup into bowls and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh chives and Greek yogurt for garnish.