01 Aug Creamy Keto Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower (1 lb or 3-4 cups)
- 1 cup vegetable broth, low sodium
*Use unsweetened coconut or cashew milk in Phase 2
*Use heavy cream or coconut cream for maintenance or Phase 3
- 1-2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. pepper white, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- PHASE 2 option: 1 oz butter salted
- PHASE 2 option (if not using butter): add 1 oz. parm
- Cut the cauliflower into evenly sized pieces and place into a saucepan.
- Add the veggie broth (or PHASE 2: coconut milk) to the saucepan and fill the pan with water until just the tips of the cauliflower are above the water.
- Bring the cauliflower to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, until very tender and easily broken apart with a spoon.
- Add the salt, pepper, nutmeg and (PHASE 2: butter).
- Blend the soup with a stick blender preferably, take care to ensure that you don’t splash yourself with the hot liquid. We recommend blending in short bursts until the mixture is smooth.
- Ladle the soup into 4 bowls to serve.
- Phase 2: Add parm on top. Serve and enjoy!