13 Aug Creamy Spinach Dip
Posted at 20:27h in Dressings/Sauces/Dips, Phase Two Recipes, Sauces/Dressings 0 Comments
1 serving = 3 tablespoons | 1 fat, 1 veggie
- 2 large ripe avocado or about 2 cups of mashed avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves (blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes, squeezed, drained – about 20 large leaves of fresh spinach)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt, pepper – adjust regarding taste
- Trim the fresh spinach leaves.
- Place them onto a large saucepan. Pour boiling water onto the spinach until fully covered.
- Place a lid on top of the saucepan. Set aside for 2 minutes.
- Drain the spinach and rinse with cold water.
- Using your hands squeeze the cooked/blanched spinach leaves to remove all the extra water.
- Eventually, pt dry onto absorbent paper to remove all the extra water.
- In a food processor with S blade attachment, add the cooked drainer spinach.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: mashed ripe avocado, crushed garlic, coriander, yogurt, lime juice and avocado oil.
- Process until smooth – about 2 minutes on high speed.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Transfer into a bowl. Keep in fridge until serving. Lasts for 3 days in the fridge.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.