12 Jun Crock Pot Apple Sauce
- 6 small apples (Preferred: 2 Gala, 2 Fiji & 2 Honey Crisp)
- 1 strip of lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 inch cinnamon stick
- Cinnamon Stevia (optional)
- Peel, core & slice apples.
- Place the apples in the slow cooker. Add the cinnamon stick, lemon peel & lemon juice.
- Set crock-pot to low and cook for 6 hours. Stir apples occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon stick and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth, or if you prefer a chunky sauce, leave sauce intact.
-Makes 3 cups applesauce. One serving= 1/4 cup; NET CARBS= 8.7 g.; Calories= 36 ; Sugar= 7.7 g