16 Aug Crock Pot Applesauce
Makes 3 cups of applesauce | 1 serving = 1/4 cup | 8.7g net carbs, 36 calories, 7.7g sugar
- 6 small apples (preferred: 2 gala, 2 Fuji and 2 honey crisp)
- 1 strip of lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 inch cinnamon stick
- Cinnamon stevia (optional)
- Peel, core & slice apples.
- Place the apples in the slow cooker. Add the cinnamon stick, lemon peel & lemon juice.
- Set crock-pot to low and cook for 6 hours. Stir apples occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon stick and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth, or if you prefer a chunky sauce, leave apples intact.