01 Aug Crock Pot Stuffed Chicken Breast
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 6 oz chicken breasts)
3 cups spinach, finely chopped
1/2 cup roasted green peppers, chopped
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
1 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped (Phase 3)
4 oz. reduced-fat feta cheese
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1.5 cups low-sodium chicken broth (homemade preferred)
Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix together the spinach, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, feta, oregano, and garlic.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- With a sharp knife, make a deep cut in the center the chicken breasts to create a pocket. Be careful not to cut through the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken breasts with the spinach mixture.
- Add to the slow cooker. To get all the chicken to fit, you will likely need to place them on their sides with the spinach mixture facing up, basically stacking them sideways across the bottom of the slow cooker. This also prevents the stuffing from falling out.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, checking to make sure the chicken is fully cooked through.