02 Aug Crock Pot Sweet and Spicy Turkey Stew
Posted at 23:54h in Crock Pot, Phase Three Recipes, Phase Two Recipes, Soups 0 Comments
- 1 3/4 lbs. lean ground turkey (99% white meat)
- Coconut or olive oil SPRAY
- 1 onion, chopped in pieces about 1/2 inch
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced (PHASE 3)
- 1/3 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup chicken or veggie stock (low-sodium/homemade)
- 1/3 cup Stevia granulated sweetener OR granulated Monk fruit sweetener
- 2 T Chili Garlic Sauce (must be this brand or cholula sauce)
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 cup unsweetened almond/coconut milk blend
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced in 1 inch pieces
- Spray crock P\pot with non-stick spray. (3.5 quart crock pot is appropriate for this recipe.)
- Heat olive oil spray in a heavy frying pan and brown the ground turkey, breaking it up with the turner as it cooks. This may take 7-8 minutes but don’t rush the browning step. Put browned meat into the crock pot.
- Cook the onions until they are soft and lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Add onions to the crock pot.
- While the turkey and onions are cooking, peel the sweet potatoes and cut into pieces about 1 inch square. Add sweet potatoes to the crock pot FOR PHASE 3.
- Mix together the liquid aminos, stock, sweeteners of your choice, chili garlic sauce, minced ginger, and minced garlic and pour over ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Add 1 cup unsweetened almond/coconut milk and the green onion pieces, turn heat to low, and cook 30 minutes more.
- Serve hot, over cauliflower rice if desired, and garnished with thinly sliced green onions.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.