16 Aug Detox Soup
Posted at 16:09h in Phase One Recipes, Soups 2 Comments
Makes multiple servings | 1 vegetable
- 1/4 cup water (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 small head of broccoli, florets
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (I used powdered)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- Himalayan salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups water (or 4 cups vegetable broth + 2 cups water)
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and torn in pieces
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 of a small lemon (or a whole lemon, depending how much lemon flavor you prefer)
- In a large pot, add the water and turn on the heat to medium-high. After it’s hot, add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the celery, broccoli, tomatoes and fresh ginger. Stir and cook for 3 minutes, adding in extra water or broth as needed (another 1/4 cup). Stir in the turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add in the kale, cabbage and lemon juice near the last 2-3 minutes of simmering.
Tree HalePosted at 21:58h, 06 February
The Detox Soup almost resembles my chicken soup. Can I use chicken breasts and chicken broth with all other ingredients listed in the Detox Soup for phase 1?
celestePosted at 08:21h, 07 February
Yes, everything in the recipe is on your Phase 1 shopping list. Keep it to low sodium broth, and remember to eat your portion of chicken. You can make multiple servings at once, just know how much protein you’re using and divide it appropriately. Also watch the tomatoes if you’ve been cautioned about them right now.