14 Aug Easter Egg Keto Cookies
- 2 cups (235 grams) almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour)
- ½ cup (100 grams) coconut or MCT oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 5-10 drops pure liquid stevia
- ¼ teaspoon (1 gram) pink himalayan salt
- ⅓ cup (70g grams) pure cacao (sugar-free dark chocolate chips)
- Lay parchment paper over a large baking sheet.
- Add almond flour, coconut oil, vanilla, stevia, and salt to your food processor or blender with an “S” blade. Process until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips. Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons and roll into a ball between your palms. Place on prepared lined baking sheet and flatten, shaping into a large egg. Continue with remaining dough.
- Transfer baking sheet to the freezer and chill for 1-hour.
- Set a cooling rack over top a second baking sheet and set aside.
- Prepare the frosting by melting coconut butter, dividing into separate dishes, and adding food coloring.
- Remove keto cookie dough eggs from the freezer. Dip only 1 side of each in the coconut butter and place prepared cooling rack. Add remaining colored coconut butter to a Ziploc bag, cut out the tip and drizzle over top.
- Transfer eggs on the cooling rack into the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- Keep stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Can be frozen and enjoyed for 1-month.
Recipe Credit: healthfulpursuit.com