13 Jul Egg White Collard Wrap
Posted at 23:21h in Phase One Recipes 0 Comments
Egg White Collard Green Wrap
- 4-5 egg whites (about 1 cup)
- Small pinch of salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 roma tomato, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 collard green leaves, thick stalk removed
- Preheat a small skillet over medium low heat.
- Spray the pan with nonstick spray and add egg whites. Add pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Allow the eggs to cook, covered for 3 minutes.
- While eggs are cooking, remove the thick stem from the collard greens and slice the tomato and red onion.
- After 3 minutes, uncover your egg and carefully flip it to the other side.
- Allow egg to cook additional 2 minutes.
- Place the collard green leaves so that the large side of one leaf covers the small side of the other, making a larger area to work on.
- Add the egg white to the collard green leaves. Add onion, tomato slices and tomato. Add any additional veggies you like (that are acceptable for Phase 1).
- To wrap, decide what end you are going to wrap from. Fold over the sides so that your food doesn’t get everywhere when eating it on the go. Then grab the end of the collard green and pull it over the center, while also ensuring the sides don’t come unfolded. This takes practice but once you have the motion, it’s pretty simple. Make sure you cover the filling before pulling the wrap back toward you. Tuck in all the ingredients as tightly as you can then continue to roll forward.
-Makes 1 Serving
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.