03 Aug End of Summer Steak and Mushroom Kabobs
- 16-20 oz. Top Sirloin, Tri-Tip Steak, or Petite Sirloin
- 8 oz mushrooms, washed and air-dried (Crimini)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. all-purpose seasoning or sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- PHASE 2: 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Trim the meat well and cut steak into pieces about 1 1/2 inches square.
- Whisk together the olive oil (PHASE 2) , white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, all purpose seasoning salt (preferably Vege-Sal), and lots of fresh ground black pepper to make the marinade.
- Put steak pieces into large Ziploc bag, pour in the marinade mixture, and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- While the steak marinates, wash mushrooms and let them air-dry in the colander. After an hour add mushrooms to marinating steak and marinate one hour more.
- When you’re ready to cook, spray or brush grill with oil or non-stick grilling spray and preheat grill to high.
- Thread steak and mushrooms on skewers.
- Grill steak to desired temperature; about 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare. Add 1 more minute per side for medium or 2 more minutes per side for medium-well.
- Let meat rest a minute or two before you take it off the skewers. Serve hot and enjoy!