01 Aug Garlic Parm Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 16 oz. (3 cups) Brussels sprouts, fresh
- 3 Tbsp olive or avocado oil (PHASE 2) or use spray in Phase 1
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (PHASE 2)
- 2 tbsp. flax, ground (PHASE 2)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Trim ends of Brussels sprouts. Wash and dry with paper towel.
Place Brussels sprouts in a medium mixing bowl. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat.
PHASE 2: Add Parmesan cheese and flax, ground to Brussels sprouts and gently stir.
Place all Brussels sprouts on prepared baking sheet. Spread evenly into one layer. Bake on center rack in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes OR until the vegetables are golden brown.
This dish is best served right away. The coating will lose crispiness and texture the longer the vegetables sit.