28 Jul Gazpacho
- 6 small Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped & core removed
- 1 medium green bell pepper, roughly chopped & seeds removed
- 1 English cucumber, peeled & chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable cocktail or tomato juice
- 1/4-3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Red pepper flakes & Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup tablespoons red wine vinegar, to taste
1. Add tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, onion, garlic clove, lime juice, and vegetable cocktail (or tomato juice) into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Now add the rest of the seasonings (salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, vinegar)
3. Chill for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
4. Garnish with chopped peppers, green onion, black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil just before serving.
-Makes 8 servings; 1 serving= 1 cup