31 Jul Ginger Garlic Green Beans
Posted at 21:25h in Phase One Recipes, Sides 0 Comments
- 2 ½ pounds green beans (French-style slim haricots verts work especially well), trimmed
- Olive oil spray
- ¼ cup minced fresh ginger (about 6 inches ginger root, peeled) or organic powdered ginger root
- 4 medium-size garlic cloves, minced (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
Sea salt, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and fill a large bowl with ice water. Working in two batches, boil beans until just tender but still crisp and bright green. Start testing after 4 minutes or so, being careful not to overcook. When done, plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking, lift out immediately when cool and drain on towels. (Recipe can be made to this point up to a day in advance and kept refrigerated, wrapped in towels.)
- When ready to cook, heat olive oil spray in a wide skillet over high heat. Add half the beans, half the ginger and half the garlic, and cook, stirring and tossing constantly, until beans are heated through and ginger and garlic are softened and aromatic.
- Sprinkle with salt, and remove to a serving dish.
- Repeat with remaining oil spray, beans, ginger and garlic and serve.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.