30 Nov Grain Free CinnaBun
Grain Free CinnaBun:
Photo Cred: healthfulpursuit.com
Ingredients for CinnaBun:
- 2 cups ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup Treleafia or 20-30 drops alcohol-free stevia
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Pink Himalayan rock salt
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup water, room temperature
- ⅓ cup MCT oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Ingredients for Frosting:
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 20 Drops Cinnamon Stevia Liquid
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1.) Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12-count muffin pan with non-bleached paper liners. Set aside.
- 2.) Combine flax seed with sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine fully and set aside.
- 3.) Add eggs, water, oil and vanilla extract to the jug of your high-powered blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds, until foamy.
- 4.) Transfer liquid mixture to the bowl with the flaxseed mixture. Stir with a spatula, just until incorporated. The mixture will be very fluffy. Once incorporated, allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- 5.) Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan, each cavity should be filled about 90% of the way up. The muffins will expand while baking so don’t fill to the very tops.
- 6.) Bake muffins for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and remove muffins from the cavities immediately and place on a cooling rack.
- For Frosting: Combine all ingredients thoroughly and spread on top of cinnabun!
- -Muffins can be toasted or frozen. Keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- -Makes 12 muffins; 1 serving= 1 muffin (1 fat; 1 dairy; 1 protein)