13 Aug Grilled Cheese on Cauliflower Bread
Posted at 18:59h in Phase Two Recipes 0 Comments
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (should yield 3 cups of cauliflower rice)
- 1 free-range organic egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup / 1.7 oz / 50 gr shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F (220°C) and place a rack in the middle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and liberally grease it with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a food processor rice the cauliflower florets (it should be evenly chopped but not completely pulverized).
- Transfer cauliflower rice (about 3 cups) to a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 8 minutes, until cooked.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a tea towel and twist it to squeeze as much moisture as you can (I usually squeeze out over a cup of liquid). This is very important. The cauliflower rice needs to be dry, otherwise you’ll end up with mushy dough, impossible to use as slices of bread.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a mixing bowl, add egg, mozzarella, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Spread cauliflower mixture onto the lined baking sheet and shape into 4 squares.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 16 minutes until golden.
- Remove and let cool 10 minutes before peeling them off the parchment paper (be careful not to break them!)
- Add pesto or avocado on top.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.