01 Aug Grilled Chili-Lime Chicken Fajita Salad
- 1/3 freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. stevia, powdered
- 3/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 2 small avocados, sliced
- Extra cilantro leaves to garnish
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour half the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken breasts for two hours if time allows. Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat about oil spray in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill chicken on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. (Grill in batches to prevent excess water being released.) Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Wipe pan over with paper towel; spray more oil on a pan and fry pepper and onion strips until cooked to your liking.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, avocado slices, peppers, onion strips and chicken. Drizzle with remaining marinade/dressing and serve with (optional) extra cilantro leaves (add 1 tsp. plain Greek yogurt on top if desired in Phase 2).