09 Aug Homemade Skinny Eggnog
Posted at 23:11h in Holiday Recipes, Phase One Recipes 0 Comments
- 3 cups almond coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs or 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsp. powdered stevia or Treleafia
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
- Heat 2-1/2 cups almond milk in a medium saucepan.
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds; add the seeds and pod to the saucepan and simmer over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, powdered stevia and cornstarch until it turns light yellow.
- Temper the eggs by gradually pouring the hot milk mixture, about 1 cup at a time, into the egg mixture, whisking constantly (this is important, otherwise you’ll make scrambled eggs).
- Pour the mixture back into the pan. Place over medium heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the eggnog begins to thicken, about 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the remaining 1/2 cup milk to stop the cooking.
- Remove the vanilla pod, let it cool and transfer to a pitcher, chill until ready to serve.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.